Welcome to Department of Pharmacy
Hours of Operation:
6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday- Friday
Contact phone number: 804-734-9137
Automated Call-In for Refills: (804) 734-9535
Click here to view Kenner's Formulary
Kenner Army Health Clinic is a full service operation for new prescriptions from military or civilian providers.
To Provide World Class Pharmaceutical Care by promoting optimal drug therapy and enhancing the medication delivery system to maintain medical readiness, and the health of Soldiers, family members and retirees.
If a medication is not available on Kenner's formulary, you may be able to obtain the medication through the National Mail Order Pharmacy. Check with TRICARE to see what benefits are available to you.
To learn which medications are available through the TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery or retail pharmacy benefit, please visit the TRICARE Formulary website.
· To ensure all prescriptions may be filled, the last new prescription ticket will be given 15 minutes prior to closing.
· For refill requests, call 735-9535 and refills may be picked up three working days later at Window No. 7.
· Parents who would like to obtain over-the-counter medications from the Kenner Pharmacy must attend the Self-Care Class that is held the first Thursday of the month at 1 p.m. in the Wilkerson Pediatric Clinic. For details, or to sign up, call (804) 734-9125. Parents may also register at the Wilkerson Pediatric Clinic.
Drop-Off Prescription Service
Patients with handwritten (paper) prescriptions may drop off their prescriptions for processing and pick up after 1000 the following business day at Window 7. There is no ticket needed when picking up drop-off prescription. It is that easy! If you have more questions and concerns pertaining to your pharmacy benefits, please ask our staff or call (804) 734-9137.
Refill Prescription Options
For your convenience, we offer 3 ways to refill prescriptions.
Phone: Please call the automated Prescription Refill Line at (804) 734-9535. Refills will be filled and ready to be picked up in 3 working days later at the Window 7.
Mail: Prescription refill request cards are available at all KACH Pharmacy windows. For your convenience, the mail-in card has a space for patients to designate their preferred pick up date.
Online: Requests may be submitted at the KAHC Online Pharmacy Refill Request Website
Note: IAW AR 40-400, Patient Administration, Chapter 2, Paragraph 2-2, Identification procedures, the patient does not need to be present to pick up a prescription; however their designee needs to bring the patient's military identification card or a copy (front and back) to verify eligibility. Refills that have not been picked up within 10 days will be returned to stock, and a new request must be submitted.
Pharmacy costs are based on whether the prescription is classified as a formulary generic (Tier 1), formulary brand name (Tier 2) or non-formulary (Tier 3) drug, and where you choose to have your prescription filled. Below is an overview of prescription costs:
Military Treatment Facility (MTF) Pharmacy
· $0 copayment for up to a 90-day supply of most medications.
· Not all medications are available at MTF pharmacies. Call first to check availability.
TRICARE Mail Order Pharmacy
· $0 for generic formulary medications
· $9 for brand-name formulary medications
· $25 for non-formulary medications
May receive up to a 90-day supply of most medications for these copayments
TRICARE Retail Network Pharmacy
· $5 for generic formulary medications
· $12 for brand-name formulary medications
· $25 for non-formulary medications
May receive up to a 30-day supply of most medications for these copayments
You'll pay more to have prescriptions filled at non-network pharmacies and costs vary depending on who you are and which health plan you are using (e.g. TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Standard, TRICARE For Life). Active Duty Service Members pay nothing out of pocket for prescriptions filled at an MTF pharmacy, the TRICARE Mail Order pharmacy or a TRICARE Retail Network pharmacy.
Frequently Ask Questions