The Army Public Health Nurse represents the Kenner Army Health Clinic as the Health Consultant for health matters at the Child and Youth School Services (CYSS). Army regulations prescribe the requirement for heatlh oversight, and the functions of the Health Consultant for Fort Lee, Rivanna Station and Fort A.P. Hill.
Army Public Health Nursing:
- Acts as the point of contact for issues and actions regarding the overall health program within Child and Youth.
- Consults and coordinates with other medical personnel as needed on any health issue related to enrollment of children.
- Conducts required health related training to the CYSS staff.
- Makes recommendations and provides guidance in the areas of childcare practices, physical care procedures pertinent to health, safety, and welfare of children.
- Inspects the center monthly to ensure sanitary, infection control and health requirements are met.
- Visits all Family Child Care (FCC) homes prior to certification, annually, and as requested.
- Provides the CYSS with a list of approved medications for administration to children.
- Evaluates the documentation of child health records to include health assessment, immunizations, medical action plans and medications.
- Serves as the Health Consultant for the Multidisciplinary Inclusion Action Team (MIAT) assisting in appropriate assessment and placement of children enrolled in CYSS programs.
- Evaluates staff records to ensure health requirements for employment are met.