FORT LEE, Va. (Sept. 14, 2017) -- Are you interested in communicating with your health care team?
Now you can with TRICARE Online Patient Portal Secure Messaging, also known as RelayHealth.
TRICARE Online Patient Portal Secure Messaging is a patient-centric initiative allowing the patient to directly communicate via the internet with their health care team for advice on minor medical issues, chronic disease management, test results, appointment requests, medication renewals and other health care needs. It allows patients to communicate with their health care team at their convenience, whenever they want and wherever they are. Patients can reduce unnecessary appointments and stress by communicating virtually and directly with their team.
So, why choose TOL Patient Portal Secure Messaging?
The following are some of the key benefits:
• Improves patient access to care and satisfaction
• Encourages the patient to be an active member of the care team
• Promotes care coordination between clinic visits
• Improves efficiency and effectiveness of communication between patients and their health care team
• Reduces unnecessary telephone calls, clinical appointments and emergency room visits
• Improves health care team productivity to allow more time for clinic visits.
“We have a dedicated team in the active duty clinic that is present to assist Soldiers with the enrollment process. Enrolling takes less than five minutes. I highly recommend this system as a way for Soldiers to have more options regarding their healthcare,” said Sgt. 1st Class Billy Ford, active duty clinic NCO in charge.
For questions, call or visit the clinic in which you are assigned for further assistance. Active-duty service members can enroll in the active duty clinic Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. The POC for the active duty clinic’s Secure Messaging Team is Sgt. Timothy Lacy.